Information for Dealers, Reps and Owners, Print Equipment Vendors to Understand In-plants
Rochester Software Associates (RSA) is working with industry consultant, Howie Fenton, Principal of Howie Fenton consulting to create information for dealers, reps and owners and print equipment vendors to help them better understand the in-plant market. Comprised of two six-article series (for a total of 12 articles), each compiled into an eBook and an overall topic webinar, the initiative is called “In-Plant Primer: From Operations Basics to Advanced Sales Concepts.”
There are two primers planned in 2017, each comprised of a six articles and compiled into a convenient eBook. The first primer is titled: “In-Plant Primer 101: Trends and Challenges,” and covers the basics of the in-plant market. The second primer and eBook will be called: “In-Plant Primer 201: Operational and Financial Concerns,” cover more advanced topics, and appear in the second half 2017. Articles are published about once a month. A webinar covering all of the topics was held on August 23. Log into your RSA partner resource portal for the link.
Don’t miss any articles in the series; subscribe to RSA’s email updates and we’ll automatically alert you as each article is published.
In-Plant Primer 101: Trends and Challenges
- Defining an in-plant; what do they do, how they fit in the customer environment
- Typical problems and bottlenecks that in-plant print centers face
- Who the typical in-plant customer contacts are (Titles, positions, etc.)
- The significant technology changes in the last five years and the impact on/ improvement in the in-plant environment
- In-plant industry trends
- 8 Probing questions to ask to identify areas where workflow can improve in-plant operations
The 101 primer eBook compilation of these topics is now available.
In-Plant Primer 201: Operational and Financial Concerns
In-Plant Primer 201: Operational and Financial Concerns, will cover more advanced topics, and includes:
- The different financial models their impact on decision making, purchases and the RFP process
- The different vertical markets, sizes and concerns
- Language to use with commercial and in-plant printers; terms and language to use and avoid for each and why
- How in-plant managers and administration may look differently at the in-plant. The benefits and value propositions for mangers and C-Level executives.
- The importance and challenges of measuring operational performance for in-plant managers and their management. Discussion of measurements to improve performance and those to report.
- How software automation increases the value of the in-plant for in-plant managers and C-Level executives.
Contact an RSA Business Development Manager for specific topics and details.